- Service Groups
- Our People
- Title Services
- News & Events
2017 Business Excellence Scholarship Award
PRESENTED BY DAY KETTERER AT THE CANTON REGIONAL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE BUSINESS EXCELLENCE AWARDS
About the Scholarship: The Law Firm of Day Ketterer has established an annual scholarship to be awarded at the Canton Regional Chamber’s Business Excellence Awards. The scholarship is designed to acknowledge the importance of the role of business in the community and the nation, and to encourage students to continue to expand their business and leadership skills and to contribute to their local business community upon graduation from college.
Scholarship Amount: $2,000
Criteria & Submission Details:
- Strong academic achievement.
- Currently enrolled as a Stark County high school senior or currently enrolled as a Stark County university or college student.
- 500-1000 word original essay entitled: "The Reciprocal Relationship between Business and Government and its effect on the Development of the United States."
- Candidate must be a Stark County resident.
- Candidate must be available to attend the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce's Business Excellence Awards on Tuesday, May 2, 2017.
- Employees, spouses, and family members of Day Ketterer Ltd. and the Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce are not eligible to apply.
- A one-time (non-renewable) scholarship will be awarded to the winner.
- The one-time scholarship can be used for tuition, room, board, textbooks, or other educational expenses at any university or college in the United States. The check will be sent directly to the college of the winner to be applied to the designated expense.
- The application deadline is 8 a.m., Friday, March 3, 2017.
Please send your essay in electronic format (Word or PDF), along with a copy of your most current transcript, to email@example.com by the March 3rd deadline. Please note: all essays and transcripts will be confidential. The winner will be notified on, or before March 24th. The scholarship will be awarded to the winner at The Canton Regional Chamber’s Business Excellence Awards Event on May 2, 2017.
Please contact Jennifer Novotny at 330-458-2170 should you have any questions regarding the scholarship.