- Home -
- Attorneys -
- James R.
James R. Blake
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers® 2012
Jim has 39 years of experience in defending hundreds of labor matters and litigation defense cases for manufacturers, insurance companies and electrical utility companies.
His primary area of work is in matters such as:
- Electrical Injuries
- Personal Injuries
- General Litigation
His extensive work for American Electric Power and other clients has resulted in his handling complex defense litigation involving multi-million dollar injury cases.
Skilled at negotiations and mediations, Jim is relied upon to to bring about successful results in labor and employment issues that deal with:
- Labor Arbitrations
- National Labor Relations Board
- Union Elections
Jim joined Day Ketterer in 1973 and has been a partner since 1977. He was elected the Firm's Managing Attorney in January 2005 and served in the role until 2012. Under his leadership, Day Ketterer expanded regionally, adding offices in Hudson and Cleveland, Ohio.
He is a member of the Firm's Employment and Litigation practice groups and has served on the Executive Committee for 22 years. Jim has also served as Chair of the Finance Committee and several other Firm committees.
He is a member of the American, Ohio State and Stark County Bar Associations, the Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys, Federation of Insurance and Corporate Counsel and Defense Research Institute.
While at Duke University, Jim was President of Sigma Chi Fraternity and lettered as a sprinter on the track team.
- The Ohio State University J.D. 1973 cum laude
- Duke University B.A. 1970
- Ohio courts
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Canton Regional Chamber of Commerce Trustee
- YMCA Board of Managers Chair
- YMCA Fundraising Drive Chair
- United Way
- Canton Rotary
- Selected as The Best Lawyers in America® 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV®
- Selected as Ohio Super Lawyer® 2012
To reach Jim, please e-mail him at email@example.com or call him direct at 330.458.2019.