- Service Groups
- Our People
- Title Services
- News & Events
Kirk L. Shaw
Kirk is an associate attorney in Day Ketterer’s Canton and Hudson offices. He works closely with the firm’s attorneys in the areas of estate planning, probate and trust administration, labor and employment, and litigation.
Before joining Day Ketterer, Kirk worked in Cleveland as a legal intern at the United States Attorney’s Office and a legal extern for the City of Cleveland Law Department. He also worked as a research assistant for Professor Lewis R. Katz and taught torts, property, criminal law and contracts for the Case Western Reserve School of Law summer LLM program.
Prior to his legal career, Kirk was a freelance editor for a number of publishers throughout the United States and served as senior editor for a trade publisher for seven years.
A native of Utah, Kirk currently resides in Shaker Heights with his wife and five children. He enjoys traveling, especially to national parks, hiking, and dragging his family to every Civil War site or historical monument along the way.
HONORS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Copy Editor for National Jewish Book Award recipient
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, Referral Clinic Volunteer, 2012
- Boy Scouts of America, Merit Badge Counselor, 2006–current
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop Leader, 2011–2012
- Boy Scouts of America, Regional Committee Member, 2010–2011
COURTS AND BAR ASSOCIATIONS
- State of Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Akron Bar Association
- Stark County Bar Association
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2015
- Editor-in-Chief, Case Western Reserve Law Review
- Certificate of Concentration for Alternative Dispute Resolution and Litigation, CWRU
- Case Western Reserve School of Law Leadership Award
- Dean’s Honor List
- CALI Excellence in the Future Award for Pretrial Practice
- Brigham Young University, Bachelor of Arts, 2004
To contact Kirk please e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him directly at 330.458.2171.